Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups + ½ tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup + 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
– Preheat oven to 400º and grease or line a muffin tin.
– In a mixing bowl, combine the 2 c. flour, 2/3 c. sugar, baking powder, and salt.
– In another bowl, combine the greek yogurt, egg, milk, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
– In a small bowl, combine the blueberries and the ½ T. flour.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Don’t over-mix!) Then gently fold in the blueberries.
– Spoon even amounts of batter into each cup in the muffin tin. They should be pretty full.
– Sprinkle a little sugar over the top of each muffin.
– Bake for 17-19 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center of a muffin, they’re done.