Easy Sausage Stuffing
- 1 14-oz. bag Brownberry Sage & Onion Stuffing (not breadcrumbs!)
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1.5 sticks butter
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- S & P to taste
- 2-3 fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)
- Brown the pork sausage with the onion and celery; drain fat. Meanwhile, heat the chicken broth and butter until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Empty the bag of stuffing into a large bowl; add chicken broth-butter mixture and fluff with a fork until completely moistened. Stir in pork mixture. Taste for seasoning; adjust as needed with S&P.
- IF YOU ARE STUFFING A BIRD: make the stuffing immediately before the turkey goes into the oven. Pack the stuffing loosely into the cavity along with the fresh herbs. Roast the turkey according to directions, making sure that the temperature of the stuffing (measured with an instant-read thermometer placed in the center of the stuffing) reaches 160°.
- Any remaining stuffing can be baked in a buttered casserole for 45 minutes at 375° while the bird rests. Remove the stuffing from the cavity to a serving dish. Discard the fresh herbs. Return to the oven while you carve the bird. Serve piping hot.
Easy Sausage Stuffing from Flipped Out Food