Strawberry Blueberry Galette
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (3-4 cups whole berries)
- 1 tablespoon minute tapioca (aka granulated tapioca)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pie crust round
- (optional) egg, sanding sugar for glaze
– Combine berries, tapioca, cornstarch and sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes to soften the tapioca.
– Spray a pie pan with non-stick spray, then lay pie crust round in it. Pile berry mixture in the center.
– Fold over the pie crust edges to partially cover the fruit (by and inch or a bit more). Pinch the pie crust together to seal.
– For a finished look, brush the top of the crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with sanding (large crystal) sugar.
– Bake at 400 F for approximately 50-60 minutes or until berries are bubbling.
– Remove and let cool to solidify juices. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.