Quick and Easy Beer Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 28-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup IPA beer
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In a Dutch oven or large stockpot, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and continue cooking, breaking meat into pieces as it browns. Add spices and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
Quick and Easy Beer Chili from Simply Whisked